Youth Ages 6 to 10 (Foil & Sabre)
Start to train like an Olympian and develop a rock-solid work ethic founded on perseverance
The WAY we measure success?
WAY is driven by a quest for holistic athlete development, making better people while also making better athletes. These desired athlete outcomes generally fit into four areas by which we measure success when developing an athlete:
1. Competence: sport-specific technical, tactical and performance skills; improved health and fitness; and healthy training habits. We track point results as a measure of a students capability of applying technical skills under duress (competition).
2. Confidence: self-belief, resilience, mental toughness and sense of positive self-worth are the cornerstones of this program.
3. Connection: positive bonds and social relationships with people inside and outside of sport makes WAY a unique inclusive club.
4. Character: respect for the sport, ethical and morally responsible behavior, integrity and empathy are embedded into everything we teach and do at WAY.
Youth Group Instruction and Fencing (Ages 6 to 10)
Pick up from Boys and Girls Club and VP Elem. School is available prior to the start of class weekdays.
Free trial group class anytime Just drop us an email letting us know to expect you and we'll take it from there.
This program is designed for younger youth fencers that have an earlier bedtime but also take into consideration advanced fencers that have learned to manage their time and can stay later.
The curriculum is extensive and we encourage you to read our calendar for a better understanding of what happens day to day. In short:
Monday 5-7 "Wet" electrical fencing only
Tuesday 5-7 "Dry" and "Wet" fencing permitted.
Wednesday 5-7 "Wet" electrical fencing only
Thursday 5-7 "Dry" and "Wet" fencing permitted.
Saturdays 10:30 - 12:30 "Dry" and "Wet" fencing permitted.
"Dry" fencing is not scored electronically while "wet" fencing leverages our state of the art Olympic scoring system complete with nine grounded strips. Ya, we know it is a bit much for a new 7-year-old but we built this facility to satisfy all your fencing aspirations from novice to NCAA.
Private Lessons Accelerate Learning and Enhance Results
We believe in the value of teaching the art and science of fencing through 1 on 1 private instruction coupled with group instruction and bouting. Our curriculum focuses on the fundamentals first but is progressive and always challenges the student where they are. We teach the theoretical, technical, and tactical skills proven to get results in today's contemporary competitive environment while making it an enjoyable and engaging experience. Through continuous 1 on 1 learning, students master the nuances of the sport, feel supported, and build confidence which results in greater retention and results.
Explore, discover, decide
You won't know if fencing fits until you try
Everything you need, in one place.
We provide everything you need to don your armor and get dueling for the first month. After that, with your paid membership, you get a free fencing mask and glove plus all your equipment rental for the season (Sept. - June). This includes everything you will need including specialized electronic scoring gear. Of course, you are also welcome to buy your own gear or rent from us as you see fit.
Girls and Boys Programs
Tournaments When Ready
Apply your skills by participating in open fencing times and formal tournaments on a regular monthly basis. Emerge stronger, smarter, and better prepared for your next bout through the continuous application of your craft. We host monthly "home games" for fencers to apply what they've learned in a formal setting. We also attend "away games" as fencers improve their skill and branch out both locally and nationally across all age classifications. Coaches use tournament results as a barometer to assess skill levels and inform instruction.
Pricing for Members and Non-members
- Free "trial" membership and equipement for the first month (no obligation to join after that)
- BEST DEAL! Bundle services and SAVE with a purchase of our "Season Pass." Best value and results as it includes: Membership, unlimited classes, 4 private lessons per month, and equipment) $420 per month billed by season (Sept. to June) Prorated.
- Group lessons members $25 per class members. Non-members $50. Billed monthly. Prorated.
- Private lessons $40 members, $60 non-members billed by the ten pack
- Results Fitness Conditioning (age 9+) $25 members $50 non-members billed monthly
- Equipment free to members or rent $50 billed monthly includes specialized electrical gear. Purchase your own is also an option. Prorated.
- Competition coaching off site. $40
- Competition car pool ride share $10 per event (paid to driver directly)
- 10% discount on additonal family member taking group lessons and or purchase of a season pass
- Membership is optional. Free "trial" membership and equipment for the first month
- Free fencing mask, glove and total equipment rental including specilized electrical gear for the season
- Open bounting ("wet" electrical scored fencing)
- Discounted Private Lessons
- Discounted group lessons
- Discounts on Results Fitness Conditioning ages 9+
- Additional family member discount 10%