WAY COVID 19 PLAN
WAY is committed to safety first. To help protect against the spread of COVID 19, we will implement and enforce the following protocols and procedures starting on June 22, 2020. Our plan is based on, and in accordance with, CDC and CT.Gov guidelines. As such, it may be revised periodically in accordance with updated information provided by these sources.
WAY assumes no responsibility for the recommendations provided in these guidelines. Please seek advice from medical professionals if you have specific questions and/or concerns regarding your return to training and competition at WAY.
What you should know?
- Our facility boasts 11,000 sq. ft on two levels
- separate fencing room w/ 14' ceiling
- separate chess room
- separate archery room
- dedicated academic intervention workspace (tutoring)
- an additional 4000 sq. ft. outdoor space
- Four bathrooms (total of six dedicated stalls and five sinks)
- Full HVAC w/MERV filters
- Three staircases (dedicated entry exit flow)
- Five entry/exit door options
- ADA compliant (upper level)
Newly cleaned duct works.
- Required at all times
- Two ADA compliant bathrooms on the upper level
- Two more bathrooms on the lower level (four stalls)
- Soap dispensers and paper towels
- Hand sanitizer gel or spray outside each bathroom
- Glove use in bathrooms made possible. Dispose upon exiting
- Cleaning and sanitizing twice a day
Social distancing, seating, and tables:
- Dedicated seating is available both at 6'
- Face covering required at all distancing
- outdoor seating and tables provided spaced six ft. apart
Equipment, uniforms, chess pieces, and locker rooms:
- Equipment included and free to campers. Programs fencers may rent their own personal uniform or purchase.
- Every student/camper to receive their own dedicated fencing uniform and equipment
- Dedicated Wayspaces 6' apart with table, chairs and personal coat hooks
- Every student/camper to get their own dedicated chess pieces, chess pieces sanitized
- Balls and other manipulatives cleaned before and after each use. Plus student must sanitize before and after touching shared equipment
- Students have the option to wear gloves
- Students must have their own reusable water bottle (no plastic please)
- No sharing of lunch or snacks
Food and drink maybe brought in or catered
Here is what we are doing to keep this sport safe and sustainable:
-If you are sick or have any symptoms of sickness, alert us and then stay home. We'll refund you in full.
- We enforce CDC capacity limits and flight pools as necessary to maintain limits.
- Each fencer will be assigned a dedicated area 6' apart from anyone else. Fencer will be given a chair and should remain seated until called to their strip to bout, then return to their seats. Wandering will not be permitted. Not only is this safer but will expedite the tournament.
- Refs will be 6' away with face masks.
- Fencers will wear face masks or inserts in their fencing masks unless otherwise approved by the USFA.
- Saluting is required before and after each bout but no contact will occur.
- Hand sanitizer stations are provided throughout the studio for use upon entry and exiting.
- We require USFA competitive membership with regulation uniform/socks, minimum two body cords, and weapons.
-Medals will be awarded for the top four places.
-Covered outdoor seating is provided.